Providers that are authorized by Intuit to host QuickBooks have undergone a vetting process which verifies that they meet and comply with the requirements necessary to host Intuit software in the cloud. This not only entails meeting the technical specifications, it also confirms that a hosting provider can safely host applications like QuickBooks in a datacenter that is secure.
So what exactly is QuickBooks hosting? Here is how Intuit defines the service and how it relates to a person moving their QuickBooks to the cloud…
Accessing and hosting QuickBooks software via the Internet
The Intuit Hosting Program allows QuickBooks users to:
- Have their licensed copies of QuickBooks desktop software installed on servers in an authorized remote hosting facility
- Use QuickBooks over the Internet on a virtual desktop, via a secure connection and a web browser
- Take advantage of all the benefits of QuickBooks, plus 24/7 access from anywhere they can connect to the Internet
Benefits for QuickBooks users
If you’re using QuickBooks for your business, there are several advantages to having your licensed copies of QuickBooks hosted online:
- Reliable, anywhere/anytime access to your QuickBooks
- Business continuity in case there’s a problem at your physical site
- Connectivity with remote offices or locations
- Continuous, automated, off-site data backup
- Save on technology costs
Basically, Intuit hosting providers have been authorized because they have proven that they excel in the areas of hosting software, managing servers and providing reliable services. Intuit describes hosting providers as…
…independent professional data centers and remote hosting companies to provide application hosting services to QuickBooks end users. These include accountants, bookkeepers, and other entities that wish to install and access their QuickBooks desktop software via a remote hosting facility.
Click here to learn more about some of the top authorized hosting providers.